[Nut-upsdev] Wrong parsing in gen-usbhid-subdriver ?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 22:36:08 UTC 2012

2012/10/22 Nicu Pavel <npavel at mini-box.com>

> Hi,

Hi Nicu,

I'm trying to generate a skeleton driver with usbhid-ups and
> gen-usbhid-subdriver but the output seems to be incorrect. Same
> behavior with stable 2.6.5, so I guess there is something wrong with
> data coming out of device.

the firmware of your UPS is indeed very buggy.
but there was also a bug in the gen-usbhid-usbdriver script:
it has not been updated since the timestamp prefix were added to the driver
debug traces...

I've just fixed it in the trunk, r3770:
http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/3770

I attached the output of usbhid-ups and gen-usbhid-subdriver from the
> commands:
>
> drivers/usbhid-ups -DD -u root -x explore -x vendorid=04d8 -a openups
> >& openups-dump.txt
> ./gen-usbhid-subdriver.sh -n openUPS -v 04d8 -p d004 -k <
> ../../openups-dump.txt

can you please try again with the latest trunk? it gives better results now.
you will quite probably need some help from there...

thanks for your report!

cheers,
Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org
Free Software Developer - http://arnaud.quette.fr