[Nut-upsdev] HPUX warning during build spotted

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:54:50 UTC 2012

2012/10/8 <VaclavKrpec at eaton.com>

> Hello everybody,

Hi Vaclav,

> during the last build (#380) on HPUX (eaton-hpux11-pa-risc buildslave),
> I've noticed the following warning when compiling upsd:

thanks for pointing this. As noted during our phone meeting, this morning,
there was some work underway with Prachi (Eaton Pune) on fixing the various
remaining warning, that can be seen on the buildslave:
- AIX:
https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/extratabs/iframe.php?group_id=30602&tab_name=Buildbot
- Solaris Sparc:
https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/extratabs/iframe.php?group_id=30602&tab_name=Buildbot
(...)
This may be a point to work on, once the clock topic is completed...

otherwise, whenever you reference a commit or build, adding the matching
URL save some seconds:
http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/builders/HPUX-x64/builds/380

> ../../server/upsd.c:417: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'fromhost'
>
> fromhost is either an alias for sock_host or declared as
> extern void fromhost() in tcpd.h (iff any of TLI or PTX or TLI_SEQUENT
> macra
> are defined), which I guess might be the case.
> I don't know much about libwrap; is there an expert?
> This definitely don't seem OK to me...

right, we have (in Debian) tons of patches to address the missing
documentation and tech bits (such as fromhost)
For an unknown reason, the HP version of the TCP Wrappers packages
(HPUX-TCPWRAP) has trimmed out things in headers, compared to the
unofficial (WRT HP) version (tcp_wrappers, found at [1])
I've removed the first and installed the 2nd. Compilation seems fine now
(to be checked)

cheers,
[1] http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Networking/Admin/tcp_wrappers-7.6/
--
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com