[Nut-upsdev] Support for SMS (Brazil) usb models

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 22:43:04 UTC 2012

2012/10/30 Peter Senna Tschudin <peter.senna at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Rodrigo and Peter,
> Hi Arnaud!

Hi Peter,

> > 2012/10/28 Rodrigo Vigna <skrull at gmail.com>
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> NUT does not support SMS (www.sms.com.br) usb models. I found a simple
> >> piece of code that works. Maybe it could help you develop a driver.
> >>
> >> https://github.com/petersenna/nobreakSMS
> >>
> >> If desired, I could provide a link for the manufacturer bloated
> >> software (26MB java)
> >>
> >> Thanks and sorry for my poor english!
> >

> > your english is good, and by all ways better than my brazilian ;)
> >
> > @peter: would you be interested in working with the NUT team to integrate
> > your work in NUT?
> Yes, how?

great!
in fact, this protocol is just a variation of Q1.
check the blazer_ser driver . we may have to check for some changes though
('M' instead of 'Q' for muting buzzer, for example)

> > note that we already have support for SMS Manager III on RS232, with the
> > blazer_ser driver (Q1 protocol).
> The USB version uses Cypress chip to do USB-RS232 conversion, in the
> end the USB version is also serial...

what are the USB vendorID and productID?

cheers,
Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org
Free Software Developer - http://arnaud.quette.fr