[Nut-upsdev] snmp-ups on debian

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 03:34:57 UTC 2013

On Aug 26, 2013, at 6:11 AM, Philip Ward wrote:

> The snmp-ups driver 2.6.4 as packaged with Debian wheezy crashes when
> talking to a UPS that uses the CPQPOWER MIB. I have built 2.6.5 from
> source and found the same problem.
>
> On July 29th I grabbed the latest source from svn, built it and now
> have a working snmp-ups driver.
>
> Would it be possible to update the debian package? I'd be happy to
> help with testing.

It is my understanding that Debian maintainers typically don't upgrade a package to a new upstream release once that package has hit stable. Given that this makes a specific driver unusable for certain hardware, it might be possible to create a patch for 2.6.4 that pulls in the latest snmp-ups driver.

I would open up a bug against the package, and if needed, we can add that bug's email address to the CC list for this thread.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail