[Nut-upsdev] Nut (git) upsdrvctl fails without "-u root start <upsname>", upsd fails on state file GID

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Dec 14 20:06:36 UTC 2013

On 12/14/2013 12:37 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> I will test with the new ubs dev permission and report back. Thank you for your
> help Charles.

Charles,

  Setting uid:gid to root:nut on /dev/bus/usb/004/002 seemed to be the issue.
The question now become how to automate this process so that the user isn't
required to manually hunt down the usb dev and change gid to the nut gid? So
far, either manually setting the gid or hand-rolling the udev files to do the
same thing seems like things that used to work automatically, but now require
user intervention. I don't know the answer, but I'll post this to the Arch list
and see if the devs there have any idea. Thanks again for your help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.