[Nut-upsdev] Nut (git) upsdrvctl fails without "-u root start <upsname>", upsd fails on state file GID

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Dec 16 22:52:39 UTC 2013

On 12/16/2013 09:06 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> If you want, we can take a look at the output of the aforementioned udevd
> command from your system. Please compress the output, and if the list bounces
> it, I'll extract the relevant portion from the bounce message.
>
> I have a funny feeling we might either have a Debian-specific dependency on
> 91-permissions.rules, or some other package is masking the NUT udev rule.

Charles,

  I'll be glad to get the information from my box, but we have to get upsd
running again. See thread: "kernel update to 3.12.5-1, now: upsd[617]:
getaddrinfo: Servname not supported for ai_socktype". upsd quit working after my
kernel update today. I have no ideas what the ai_socktype error is, but I've
seen quite a bit of coding arguments about how to implement it on the web.
Perhaps the latest kernel makes the way nut does it not work anymore. That's for
the other thread though...

  If the output from my udev test is large, I'll just post if for download on my
site and include a link in the email. Thanks again for your help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.