[Nut-upsdev] SOLVED Re: kernel update to 3.12.5-1, now: upsd[617]: getaddrinfo: Servname not supported for ai_socktype

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Dec 18 06:37:35 UTC 2013

On 12/17/2013 09:53 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to track this down. It's another thing we need to
> add to the list of areas that need better debug messages.

Yes, I thought about the more-descriptive debug message, but since getaddrinfo()
accepts both numeric "3493" and /etc/service string values (i.e. "nut") for
Servname values, it would be non-trivial to parse the input values with an
isdigit or isascii routine just to fully flag it.

I do think the addition of a "check LISTEN IP and port values in upsd.conf" may
be the easy improvement. Or just "check LISTEN values in upsd.conf"

Now back to chasing down how to fix upsdrvctl so it can work out of the box
again ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.