[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Socomec ITyS UPS (2000VA)

Sandi Romih romihs.forums at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:48:23 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have tried to use the blazer_ser driver to interface with my UPS. nut is
not able to detect the UPS.

I have not been able to find much info regarding Socomec UPS support in nut.
Socomec does publish a description of the serial protocol for these UPS's,
which can be found here:
http://www.socomec.com/download-jbus-modbus.html(select UPS OTHER for
device model, 1-5KVA for device power and Linux for
the operating system)
This is all the info I have managed to find about the serial protocol for
these UPS's.

How much work is involved to patch an existing driver or to build a new one?
I am not a programmer, so I not know how much work is involved to fix or
create a driver.

Is there perhaps already a driver which might support this type of UPS?
Or is there a copyright issue with these UPS's?

Thanks in advance.

Sandi