[Nut-upsdev] revisiting #613643 - Should include/nut_version.h be removed from nut_2.4.3.orig.tar.gz?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:42:09 UTC 2013

Regid,

You suggested we remove nut_version.h from the .orig.tar.gz for NUT:

<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=613643>

The original intent was that nut_version.h would be generated from "make dist" (or "make distcheck*") when the official nut-X.Y.Z.tar.gz tarball is created. At that point, it is safe to assume that there is no longer any local version control information (originally SVN, now Git) to determine what to put in nut_version.h.

How would you recommend that we handle keeping this file such that we do not trigger a warning in dpkg-source?

We could patch around this (currently, NUT build from a tarball with Git installed yields a version like "2.6.5-Unversioned directory"), but I think the easiest way is to just leave nut_version.h in the tarball.

Thanks,

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail