[Nut-upsdev] Tipp-lite SU1500XL

Reg Proctor reg at seowebsales.com
Mon Feb 25 23:02:24 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have a Tipp-lite SU1500XL which isn't in your list of supported
devices but it seems to work with the usbhid-ups driver but not the
tripplite_usb driver.

However, I set this up years ago and I used to get a full list of
variables and I could send all sorts of commands that would work.

Now, after some upgrade which I can't identify because it's not
something I look at except when there's something going wrong with the
UPS, two things have changed. First most of the commands that used to
work simply give me a response of "Unexpected response from upsd: ERR
CMD-NOT-SUPPORTED" (simple commands like test.battery.... don't work
anymore) and 2nd the monitoring that used to give a lot of information
has become rather limited.

If you have any clues how I might get that extended functionality back I
would much appreciate it. The version is shown as:
  Network UPS Tools upscmd 2.6.0
.

Thanks,
Reg