[Nut-upsdev] RFC Eaton serial scan

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:37:43 UTC 2013

Hi

2013/1/15 <FredericBohe at eaton.com>

> Hello,
>
> I would like to merge branches/serial_nutscanner to the trunk. The
> attached patch contains the needed modifications.
> You can read docs/man/nutscan_scan_eaton_serial.txt to see what it is
> about and docs/man/nut-scanner.txt to see modification to nut-scanner tool
> interface.
> This adds about 100K to the libnutscan.so file.

works for me, and there is no other apparent opposition.

I've split this branch into separate commits, that I've applied to the
trunk:

- r3840: new non fatal functions (ser_open_nf and ser_set_speed_nf),
including documentation in new-drivers.txt ;)
- r3841: changes the baud-rates ordering for auto-detection in bcmxcp
- r3842: addresses HP-UX pthread issue (r3801)
- r3843: the actual patch!
the new code was btw missing from your diff ;-)
I've just removed the remaining printf / fflush lines in
scan_eaton_serial.c (mea culpa)
- r3844: aside, svn ignored files for Solaris pkg
- r3845: complete r3843 (nutscan-serial.h and nut_platform.h were missing
from dist_noinst_HEADERS)
- r3846: Remove duplicate doc. entries for Eaton serial scan

note that the last 2 were causing buildbot failures (I (and you) have
(again) forgotten the *mandatory* distcheck-light!)

I've finally cut (deleted) the branch with r3847.

thanks for your contribution,
Arno
--
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org