[Nut-upsdev] [nut] blazer_soi: blazer driver, serial port over tcp/ip (#116)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 12:06:23 UTC 2014

On Apr 6, 2014, at 8:43 AM, alezz wrote:

> Hi Charles,
> Thanks for reply.
> I've took a look at the code you suggested me and tested it with my device.
> That patch implements tcp connection in serial.c, this is a more
> flexible approach, as it is applicable to all serial drivers. However
> the drivers then make ioctl calls to setup the tty port, and these fail.
> At least, this is what happens to me with blazer_ser. Maybe the patch
> has not been finished?

The patch is from several years ago, so it definitely hasn't been tested much. I don't know the original driver it was intended for.

Again, the blazer_* drivers will be replaced with nutdrv_qx at some point, so at the very least, it would be good to take a look at that code and talk to @zykh if you have any questions. I would prefer not to add a new driver based on code that is going away.

> If the community thinks that would be useful, and we find out the best
> implementing solution, I might think about improving this feature somehow.

I CC'd the nut-upsdev list to see if anyone has opinions on how we should integrate this with other drivers. I can see it being useful, but as you pointed out, we need to gracefully handle ioctls, and there are at least some drivers where the ioctls are crucial to set or clear serial control lines.