[Nut-upsdev] Merging the DDL branch in nut-website

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 11:59:05 UTC 2014

Hi Daniele and Arnaud,

While tracking down the Cyber Power voltage scaling issue, I found the DDL repository extremely helpful. Instead of searching across all of the old mailing list posts, I was able to run 'git grep' in the Cyber Power directory, and the consistency of the data made it an easy task.

I had a motherboard failure on my main computer, and I was trying to recreate the nut-website hierarchy on another machine. I realized that I was a little confused as to how everything goes together. Is the most recent branch "ddl-hll" in the ddl submodule?

Is this the current layout?

nut-website (branch: dll-hll)
 \__ nut submodule (branch: master)
 \__ ddl submodule (branch unknown?)

The "ddl" branch might be unknown since I have the nut-website master branch checked out, and I wasn't sure whether to mess with that. I get the following "git status" in ddl: "HEAD detached at bbfd79f".

I would like to merge the ddl-hll branch back into master (and add DDL to the main "networkupstools" project), if it's ready. Is there anything else needed?

Also, I would like to help add a few device dumps (such as the Eaton 5E), and it would be good to do that on the master branch.

I still haven't had a chance to finish adjusting the Buildbot configuration to automatically build the nut-website module when commits come in. But I would like to do that soon, so that http://new.networkupstools.org/ includes the latest DDL improvements.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thanks,

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail