[Nut-upsdev] building NUT on Mac OS X Yosemite (website/documentation)

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 00:22:21 UTC 2014

Sorry for the unresponsiveness.
To the problem: I think the 'stray character' is the 'V', as it's the
newer one of the options used here (the dot notation is required by
the 'k' option and seems to be supported ever since the release of GNU
sort).
- http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/commit/?id=4c9fae4e97d95a9f89d1399a8aeb03051f0fec96
Newer versions of (GNU) sort should work as expected (I tested it also
on a recent, ~10, FreeBSD).

If we want to support older/other versions of sort we could simply
remove the 'V' option (and lose its pros) from here (at the very end
of the line):
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut-website/blob/53044bca4c8d1d425bd9cea8693897f6a70ef291/Makefile.am#L289