[Nut-upsdev] GD libraries and $PREFIX (was Re: building NUT on Mac OS X Yosemite(website/documentation))

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 23:09:22 UTC 2014

On Dec 7, 2014, at 12:58 PM, simon-alioth at eazimail.com wrote:

> I tried building libGD in the following directory (sPREFIX is an env name I
> use in scripts):
> 	sPREFIX=${PWD}/../build/usr
>
> This works, all files in the correct directory.
>
> Next I try building NUT with the following params:
>
> 	sPREFIX=${PWD}/../build/usr
> 	configure \
> 		--with-gd-includes="-I${sPREFIX}/include/libgd" \
> 		--with-gd-libs="-L${sPREFIX}/lib64" \
>
> This fails to locate LibGD and aborts.
>
> If I build libGD using "sPREFIX=${PWD}/../build" and include this in the NUT
> build
>
> 		--with-gd-includes="-I${sPREFIX}/include/libgd" \
> 		--with-gd-libs="-L${sPREFIX}/lib64" \
>
> This works. It did this consistently across several openSUSE platforms.
>
> This is a minor annoyance as normally all of the working libs are in
> /usr/lib|lib64, not /lib.

Looks like both ways should work (since there is no special processing for /usr). You may want to save the config.log from both runs, and check to see what is different.

Also, although you may not be able to use the output of gdlib-config verbatim, there might be some wisdom in the output of "gdlib-config --ldflags" or "gdlib-config --libs". I am wondering if your build of GD is linking against something in /lib64.

Here is the source for the relevant part of the configure script:

   https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/master/m4/nut_check_libgd.m4

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail