[Nut-upsdev] building NUT on Mac OS X Yosemite (website/documentation)

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 21:38:34 UTC 2014

Sorry for the delay.

>> make
> Making all in protocols
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
> cd nut/docs; /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make
> html-chunked pdf
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `html-chunked'.
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `pdf'.
> cd nut/docs/man; /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make
> html-man
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `html-man'.
> make: *** No rule to make target `-eindex.html', needed by `ups-html.txt'.
> Stop.

I think the problem is echo (as used in building the MANUFACTURERS var
and then some prerequisites) and I am the one to blame: probably your
(shell) version of echo doesn't support/need the 'e' option - I didn't
think of this when I first wrote the makefile.. shame on me!
So, I think this can be solved replacing all the occurrences (3) of
'echo -e' with 'printf' in Makefile.am, see:
https://github.com/zykh/nut-website/tree/issue7
Does it solve the problem? Are there other hiccups?