[Nut-upsdev] Reviving the Windows port of NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 14:19:57 UTC 2014

Emilien,

just saw your commit in Buildbot for testing some Windows changes. That's great that someone is working on this again! We have had a few users ask for updates to the 2.6.5+ version of NUT for Windows.

The problem is that we do not have a good branch in Git to work from. The windows_port branch got rebased, but since it has merge commits, it is a bit of a mess.

I apologize for dropping the ball here - I offered to Fred that I would try and rewrite some of the windows_port branch history, but never got around to it. I don't have a Windows box to test on, and the XP/2003 Buildbot slave can't properly build from Git (so I removed it from the waterfall).

We probably need to just discard the old history of the windows_port branch, and rebase it on 2.7.1, but there are a number of changes that we will want to manually merge. Basically, if someone makes a change to all of the drivers on a given branch at that time (for example, something on master between 2.6.5 and 2.7.1, but not on windows_port), and the windows_port branch gets rebased, we need to look at that commit and do the same thing to any other drivers that were added between 2.6.5 and 2.7.1. To do that, we will want to have a good test environment.

Can we use the Eaton Windows buildslave for this? Or is there another machine we can use to test this branch?

Thanks,

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail