[Nut-upsdev] Question about voltage threshold setting in NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 02:53:24 UTC 2014

On Jun 5, 2014, at 4:22 PM, Shen Chuan wrote:

> Looks like after take out default.input.transfer.low, upsrw script DOES work, the only thing for Eaton 3S 500 is that it is only accept certain voltage values for input.transfer.low, 84v and 96v are two of them. Otherwise the value never gets picked up.

As you have seen, the "default.*" and "overwrite.*" names are not actual variables: they are configuration options to change what is returned from upsc. That is why you get VAR-NOT-SUPPORTED.

reference: http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/ups.conf.html#_ups_fields

Also, I don't think there is a way for a PDC HID UPS to communicate that it can only handle certain discrete values for a variable (although there is support for contiguous ranges). That information would need to come from the manufacturer's specifications, and the Eaton/MGE document in the NUT protocol library does not mention the acceptable values.

Let us know if you find any more information about this, and we can add it to the documentation for usbhid-ups.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail