[Nut-upsdev] Fwd: [nut] PyNUT: Fix error when raising without an Exception. (#128)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 17:04:20 UTC 2014

Hi David,

beside from Charles questions, could you please also have a look at pynut2:
https://github.com/george2/python-nut2

I'm not sure how to contact george2 (the author), but it would be great if
you could discuss a bit python and NUT here...
i.e, what george's patches are bringing, your view on this and how all this
could converge.

hope you're doing fine otherwise...
cheers,
arno

> Hi David,
>
> Any thoughts on either this pull request, or #129?
>
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/128
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/129
>
> Also note the mention of the new Python module here:
>
> https://github.com/george2/python-nut2/tree/development
>
> - Charles
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: george2 <notifications at github.com>
> > Subject: [nut] PyNUT: Fix error when raising without an Exception. (#128)
> > Date: June 3, 2014 3:34:00 PM EDT
> > Raising without a valid exception is invalid:

> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> > TypeError: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from
> BaseException, not NoneType
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> > Exception
> >
> > Changing this to "raise Exception" fixes this problem.
> >
> > You can merge this Pull Request by running
> >
> >   git pull https://github.com/george2/nut master
> > Or view, comment on, or merge it at:
> >
> >   https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/128
> >
> > Commit Summary
> >
> >       • Fix error when raising without an Exception.
> > File Changes
> >
> >       • M scripts/python/module/PyNUT.py (2)
> > Patch Links:
> >
> >       • https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/128.patch
> >       • https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/128.diff

Engineering Linux/Unix Expert - Opensource Solutions Lead - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org
Free Software Developer - http://arnaud.quette.fr
--
Conseiller Municipal - Saint Bernard du Touvet