[Nut-upsdev] Question about recycle power of Tripp Lite UPS

Shen Chuan shen at minutekey.com
Tue Jun 17 23:51:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

We are trying to develop a mechanism to power cycle Tripp Lite UPS. When we
checked the upscmd, looks like the only command we can use is
shutdown.reboot(sudo upscmd -u user -p password ups shutdown.reboot).
Because the PC is connected to UPS directly and we would prefer shutdown PC
before power cycle the UPS. But if we run shutdown PC first it won't run
the power cycle the UPS script any more. Wonder if there is a delaed power
cycle command for Tripp Lite to give PC some time to shutdown itself?
Attached the upscmd -l and upsc ups.

Thank you for your help

Shen
Minutekey Inc

sudo upscmd -l ups
beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
reset.watchdog - Reset watchdog timer
shutdown.reboot - Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test

upsc
battery.charge: 100
battery.runtime: 600
battery.type: PbAC