[Nut-upsdev] [HCL] Eaton Powerware 9125 2500U supported by USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 23:19:42 UTC 2014

On Sep 19, 2014, at 4:03 PM, Nello Lucchesi <nello at octobergroup.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a driver for and old uninterruptible power supply (UPS), Eaton Powerware 9125 2500U.  I want to use it with my FreeNAS server.
>
> I looked a the list and didn't see a driver for it:
>
> http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html?manufacturer=Eaton
>
> I see a driver for the 9130; any idea whether it will work with a 9125?
>
> Any other ideas for connecting the 9125 to a FreeNAS server?

It's probably similar to the PW9125:

http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html?manufacturer=Powerware

Just serial, or does it have other options?

If you have the original manual or software that came with the UPS, do they say anything about the name of the protocol? The BCM/XCP protocol is pretty well documented, and supported by NUT.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail