[Nut-upsdev] APC 800VA supported by None [openmediavault]

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:29:09 UTC 2015

On Apr 9, 2015, at 12:46 PM, Khampol <khampol.v at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use a UPS APC 800VA. Use it with Openmediavault + Ups Nut plugin.
> My UPS is not in your list. :(

We typically do not list all of the VA ratings for APC models - the more important distinction is whether they are part of the Smart-UPS, Back-UPS or Matrix-UPS lines. For USB models, the VID:PID is also helpful to know.

> I try in "Driver configuration directive"
>
> driver = usbhid-ups
> port = auto
>
> I have this in the log :
>
> omvhome upsmon[21683]: Poll UPS [ups at localhost] failed - Driver not connected

Per http://www.networkupstools.org/support.html#_request_help it would be helpful to have the following information:

 * OS version (in this case, which version of Debian is your version of openmediavault based on)
 * Exact NUT version
 * exact device name and related information (manufacturing date, web pointers, …),
 * complete problem description, with any relevant traces, like system log excerpts, and driver debug output. You can obtain the latter using the following command, as root and after having stopped NUT:

/lib/nut/driver -DD -a <upsname>

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail