[Nut-upsdev] Roadmap to 2.7.3

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 08:25:46 UTC 2015

FYI on the added delay

>> On Apr 16, 2015, at 5:46 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> On Apr 15, 2015, at 5:00 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Charles,

>>> the maintainer guide [1] (not distributed) is more suitable.

>>> done
>>
>>> • create a GPG-signed tag v2.7.3
>>>>
>>> done  + a non-signed one (not sure it's worth!)
>>

>> Yeah, I guess I meant that we should have a signed tag (v2.7.3) but it
>> doesn't need "-signed" in the name. We only had to do that last time
>> because there was already an unsigned "v2.7.2" tag.
>>
>> • make dist
>>>>
>>> done
>>
>>> • maybe update nut/configure.ac version to 2.7.3.1 or .5?
>>>>

>>> not sure to get why .5...
>>>

>>> it's what we did last time :-)
>>>

>> the history log is also saying so... but still failing to understand the
>> jump to .5
>> anyway, it's probably too hot here (almost jumped from winter to summer)
>> ;)
>>

>>> My main reason was to create a different name for the tarball in the
>>> Buildbot snapshot builder. After 2.7.3 is released, I plan to go back to
>>> the previous way of injecting the Buildbot build number and Git hash into
>>> the tarball name. (The long filenames in the Java package were preventing
>>> us from doing this before.)
>>>

>>  so should I really update configure.ac to 2.7.3.1 or?
>>

>> Yes, since I don't know how long it will take to reconfigure Buildbot. (I
>> would also like to get it to automatically build the website - currently
>> that needs to be triggered manually.)
>>

> done to 2.7.3.1
>

>> • push commits and tag
>>>>
>>> done
>>
>>> • update nut/ and ddl/ submodules in nut-website/ (this should update
>>>>
>>> WIP, however we should detail the process here:
>> either
>>
>> - a generic "git submodule foreach git pull origin master" (I did that one)
>>
>> - Vs pulling the matching tags (here 2.7.3 from NUT for ex...), better and more stable
>>
>> I suppose we could tag the DDL repository as well.
>>

> done, and will also do for -website
> I've also updated the -website submodules (ddl and nut) using the v2.7.3
> tags
>

>>> • add download hashes for tarball
>>>>

>>> for hashes and sig:
>>> make dist-sig
>>> make dist-hash
>>>
>>>  WIP, however access to my Gandi PaaS is underway at Eaton (forgot to
>> request that one :-/)
>> so a bit more delay in the release publication
>>

>>> I once started to create a publication script, but... hem can't find it
>>> back.
>>> more to resume ;)

>>> cool!
>>> shouldn't we add it to the Download page?
>>>

>>> It's really more of a temporary solution. Now that our primary Debian
>>> maintainer is back, all of the packages will be up-to-date, right? /me ducks

> [...]

the access to my PaaS hosting NUT is now opened.
While doing a final check, before pushing the release, I realized that I
forgot to rename the link to the previous GPG (1K) key.
I thus had to recreate the 2.7.3 tag, and go again through the release
process.

2.7.3 will be online in a few minutes now...

cheers,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation - Opensource Leader
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org