[Nut-upsdev] make environment for automated testcases

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:59:23 UTC 2015

> On Apr 27, 2015, at 2:48 AM, Nick Ma. <nick.mayerhofer at enchant.at> wrote:
>
> > But it still doesn't compile any executable: ~/nut/tests% ls
> > cpputest.cpp example.cpp  Makefile  Makefile.am  Makefile.in
>
> I think it is only intended to produce an executable when running "make
> check" or the dist* targets.

confirmed. Note that this is just a base framework for unit testing that
Emilien has setup.
Emilien may be able to elaborate more on this topic...

A more comprehensive and system-oriented approach would be to use the tests
set available in Debian / Ubuntu:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/nut.git/tree/debian/tests

It tests a wide number of things, from IPv4 and v6 reachability, to
commands and settings, including shutdown (simulation).

Note that I'm interested in having someone that could focus more on the QA
/ Testing dimension.
So if you're interested in Nick, feel free to contact me ;)

cheers,
Arno
--
Eaton Data Center Automation - Opensource Leader
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org