[Nut-upsdev] No messages

john hart jsamcr at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 00:10:16 UTC 2015

Charles,

This is how I have the upsmon.conf set up.  The only time I get a message is if the NUT Monitor gui is running.  I open LXterminal, pull the wall plug, and I get no messagesin the terminal.
 MONITOR Asium_p700 at localhost 1 upsmon jsamcr master MINSUPPLIES 1 SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0" NOTIFYCMD /sbin/upssched POLLFREQ 5 POLLFREQALERT 5 HOSTSYNC 15 DEADTIME 15 POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
# NOTIFYMSG - change messages sent by upsmon when certain events occur# You can change the default messages to something else if you like.
 NOTIFYMSG ONLINE "UPS 1 on line power" NOTIFYMSG ONBATT  "UPS 1 on battery" NOTIFYMSG LOWBATT  "UPS 1 battery is low" NOTIFYMSG FSD "UPS 1: forced shutdown in progress" NOTIFYMSG COMMOK  "Communications with UPS 1 established" NOTIFYMSG COMMBAD  "Communications with UPS 1 lost" NOTIFYMSG SHUTDOWN "Auto logout and shutdown proceeding" NOTIFYMSG REPLBATT "UPS 1 battery needs to be replaced" NOTIFYMSG NOCOMM "UPS 1 is unavailable" NOTIFYMSG NOPARENT "upsmon parent process died - shutdown impossible"

 NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE SYSLOG+WALL NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT SYSLOG+WALL NOTIFYFLAG LOWBATT SYSLOG+WALL NOTIFYFLAG FSD SYSLOG+WALL NOTIFYFLAG COMMOK SYSLOG+WALL NOTIFYFLAG COMMBAD SYSLOG+WALL NOTIFYFLAG SHUTDOWN  SYSLOG+WALL NOTIFYFLAG REPLBATT SYSLOG+WALL NOTIFYFLAG NOCOMM SYSLOG+WALL NOTIFYFLAG NOPARENT  SYSLOG+WALL
 RBWARNTIME 43200 NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
 FINALDELAY 5 John
"Science is organized common sense. Philosophy is organized piffle"
-attributed to Bertrand Russel