[Nut-upsdev] Update on no messages

john hart jsamcr at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 14:57:47 UTC 2015

Charles,
I have verified that when I unplug the wall power that messages are being sent to the SYSLOG .  This occursregardless of whether the Nut Monitor GUI is opened.  However, the only time I receive messages to my desktopis when the GUI is running.
I even went so far as to open at tty and see if I got message there, but NOPE !
I have not yet tired to unplug power to see if I get a good system shutdown.  I'm a little concerned that thingswon't go well.  However, I guess I can always recover if things go badly.  I will keep you informed.
John  "Science is organized common sense. Philosophy is organized piffle"
-attributed to Bertrand Russel