[Nut-upsdev] Good news

john hart jsamcr at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 13:52:01 UTC 2015

Tim,
The owner is root and the group is tty .  However, my problem is the following.  When I check mesg in a terminal I get this:
john at debian:~$ mesgis yjohn at debian:~$
However, from another terminal (as root) I get this:
root at debian:/home/john# write johnwrite: john has messages disabledroot at debian:/home/john#
How can it say 'mesg is y' and yet say that messages are disabled ?  I think I need to contact the Debian usersforum.  It's a bit too strange for me.
And what is strange is that when I have the NUT-Monitor running, wall appears to work.  It may well be somekind of permissions issue.  I will take it up with the Debian forum before I try changing the permissions.
John
 "Science is organized common sense. Philosophy is organized piffle"
-attributed to Bertrand Russel