[Nut-upsdev] neon (was libusb_get_string: invalid argument (other usbhid-ups users, please test))

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:24:45 UTC 2015

On Jun 12, 2015, at 10:33 AM, Greg Hersch <hersch.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks - this has been fun.
>
> There is one other thing I have been having trouble with - and i've tried it on two archlinuxarm installs and gotten the same thing. i am not even sure if its important for me. but if i try to configure and make with neon support - it cant find the neon libraries. despite neon having been installed several different ways (i tried pacman, as well as compiling and installign neon from source)
>
> i only came across this because when i originally tried installing nut, i tried doing it from the archlinux AUR. There, neon is enabled by default. and i couldnt get it to build. so i ended up going to the source.

Short answer: you don't need it for usbhid-ups.

libneon is used by http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/netxml-ups.html to connect to some MGE/Eaton hardware, and by the corresponding nut-scanner module.

I'm not familiar with archlinux or AUR, but if you still have the logs, we can certainly take a look. It might be that NUT is looking for an older version of libneon, or that there is another dependency that is needed at build time.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail