[Nut-upsdev] UPower: 95-upower-hid.rules update

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri May 29 22:57:10 UTC 2015

On May 29, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:

> It would also be useful to include a full URL to the NUT Perl script
> (to a git repository perhaps), so people don't need to check out the
> full repo to update it.

I'm not sure how useful the nut-usbinfo.pl script will be without the NUT repository: it scans the NUT source files for certain macros containing USB VIDs and PIDs.

The NUT URL listed in the file <https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/commits/master/scripts/upower/95-upower-hid.rules> refers to the history of a checked-in version of the output of nut-usbinfo.pl. The file itself is two clicks away, but if it would help, we could include that URL as well.

We're certainly open to suggestions as to how we can handle this better (the concept of checking in an auto-generated file irks me), but for the benefit of those of us who aren't as familiar with UPower, is there an introduction to how this information is used outside of NUT?

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail