[Nut-upsdev] problem with NOTIFYCMD

John Hart jsamcr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:23:23 UTC 2015

After some testing, I notice that my NOTIFYCMD script seems to work if I
call it as user 'john' (that's me) but if I call it as 'root' it does not
work.  So is there a permissions issue ? I have permission on the file set
to 755.  I see there is a variable in upsmon.conf called RUN_AS_USER.  I do
not have this defined. Does this variable need to be defined ?  I presume
that if it is not defined then upsmon is running as root. I saw something
about 'user' and 'group' in the documentation but am a bit lost as to what
I should do.  If this is the problem then explicit instructions would be
helpful.

Regards,
John Hart