[Nut-upsdev] NOTIFYCMD shell script problem driving me NUTS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:37:27 UTC 2015

On Sep 22, 2015, at 11:27 AM, Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:56 AM, John Hart <jsamcr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> notify-send
>
>  notify-send needs a DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADRESS to work right.  Look around for code snippets to get this.

Ah, that notify-send. Another option is to launch the PyNUT app in your xsession (or equivalent) - it will also display GUI notifications. In Debian, it is in the package "nut-monitor". I haven't used this personally, though.

Either way, please let us know what we can do to expand the NUT documentation on this topic.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail