[Nut-upsdev] NOTIFYCMD shell script problem driving me NUTS

John Hart jsamcr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 14:47:42 UTC 2015

Sending the events to a file turned turned out to be easier than I
imagined.  I just put the following in the NOTIFYCMD shell script:

echo $(date) "$*" >> /home/john/upsmon_events.txt

and the events are logged to the file.  I did CHMOD 666 on the file so I
can delete old events.  Don't need notify-send.  YEAH !  I do occasionally
us the PyNUT app to run battery test and look at the health of the ups.
And yes, if it is running I get 'notify-send' type messages.  Butr again,
if I am present it doesn't really matter. It's what happens when I am away
that I want to know about.  The 'logger' will get me what I want.

Thanks,
John