[Nut-upsdev] [HCL] CyberPower Cyber Power Systems CP685AVR supported by usbhid-ups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:51:36 UTC 2016

[please use Reply-All - this list does not modify the reply-to header]

> On Nov 23, 2016, at 10:30 AM, Craig STCR <craig.stcr1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It looks like the CyberPower Cyber Power Systems CP685AVR supported by
> usbhid-ups has a favorable device dump linked to the Devices Dumps
> Library page here:
>
> http://networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/CP685AVR.html

That entry is from a mailing list post from over ten years ago[*]. Do you have this particular UPS? If so, can you provide output from a recent version of NUT?

[*] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2005-October/000283.html

> However, it is not listed anywhere on the Hardware Compatibility List
> (HCL) page here:
>
> http://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html
>
> This appears to be an omission on the HCL page, and it should be added.

The "newhidups" driver was renamed "usbhid-ups" at some point, so this is the line that generates the "CPS685AVR" entry in the HCL:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.7.4/data/driver.list.in#L207

We might be incorrectly assuming that "CPS685AVR" is the same as "CP685AVR" or even "685AVR". (To be fair, the UPS reported "UPS BF700".) We would appreciate it if you can shed any light on the naming conventions.