[Nut-upsdev] CyberPower SX650G no driver.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 13:02:00 UTC 2016

(please use Reply-All to keep the list CC'd, thanks)

> On Oct 18, 2016, at 8:53 AM, Raymond Day <raymondday at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wow that was fast thank you Charles.
>
> Put "upsc" in the /etc/nut/ups.conf and then went to start it with
> "upsdrvctl start" but I get this then:

No, sorry, I didn't mean to change ups.conf - I meant that if the UPS name is listed as "[serverups]", you should run "upsc serverups" at the command line, rather than "upsc apc".

I'd recommend the following ups.conf:

[serverups]
   driver = usbhid-ups
   port = auto
   desc = "Server UPS"

> You said NUT 2.6.4 is kind of old? I just installed it with a "apt-get
> install nut" if I do that again it will say "nut is already the newest
> version."

Newest version for your distribution (but NUT 2.6.4 was released in 2012). It might not be necessary to upgrade, but I only meant that I can't remember the specific things in upsdrvctl that were fixed over that time period, and it would probably be simpler to reboot than to look them up.