[Nut-upsdev] Clarification to man upssched.conf

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Wed Jul 12 08:36:15 UTC 2017

On Tue, 11 Jul 2017, Jim Klimov wrote:

> On July 5, 2017 9:55:13 AM GMT+02:00, Roger Price <roger at rogerprice.org> wrote:
>> I propose adding the sentence
>>
>> "If more than one AT matches the notifytype and upsname, the AT
>> declarations are executed in the order in which they appear in
>> upssched.conf.
>
> Your proposal and reasoning make sense to me :)
>
> I wonder if it would be more valuable and visible if such "direct
> change" suggestions were added as pull requests on github, with much of
> the description posted there and an email to pass the URL (and maybe a
> pitch of the idea) and so stir up discussion in community?.. It is not
> too much hassle after initial repo-cloning setup, at least where people
> expect to contribute more than once.

My understanding was that this is the mailing list to discuss such things.

I could learn about git, but I don't fancy setting up a git server.  I've
been retired now for nearly 20 years and I would prefer spending more time
on other things.   I'm not sure that git activity would generate more
discussion, or acceptation.

If the young guys pick up the suggestion, that's fine, but if in some
future release of NUT, AT's are executed in random order, I have a
solution which will keep the heartbeat working, so it's not a problem for
me.

Best Regards, Roger