[Nut-upsdev] Openups patch proposal

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 12:34:27 UTC 2017

On Jul 21, 2017, at 3:21 PM, Alphonse <alphsteiner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have an openups2 ups. It works very well with nut, except two things:
> 1) It keeps sending a 'libusb_get_string: invalid argument' message to the log;
> 2) It does not report any command.
>
> Following http://nut-upsdev.alioth.debian.narkive.com/bmJyFFkO/libusb-get-string-invalid-argument, I was able to fix the error message using the attached patch.

Thanks for the patch. For reference, what does the rest of the "upsc" output look like for this device?

I don't think that the firmware supported commands when this sub-driver was written. It is certainly something we can check for, using the "explore" mode mentioned in the driver man page: http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html (please stop after 30-60 seconds, and gzip the output)