[Nut-upsdev] Proposed new documentation "Configuration Examples"

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Wed Jun 21 09:38:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017, Tim Dawson wrote:

> Allow me to suggest a couple more sample configs: 1) Server as UPS
> controller with clients that are also on UPS, considering shutdown
> sequencing and

It would be good to add this, but I lack the depth of understanding needed
to write a tutorial.  For example I do not understand the "magic" of
shutdown sequencing.

> 2) Multi power supply server with multiple UPS (with or without
> clients).

A tutorial to cover this needs to talk about cabling, automatic transfer
switches, the management of possibly brutal phase shifting and other
electrical engineering problems as well as the nut configuration.  It's an
interesting subject, but well beyond my experience.

If you would like to draft a chapter, I would be happy to include it.  A
simple ascii file with no formatting or markup is sufficient.

Roger