[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] LibUSB-1.0+0.1 testing wanted, NUT 2.7.5 pending

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sun Dec 26 22:20:39 GMT 2021

On 12/27/21 00:06, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've packaged
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/tree/fightwarn-libusb-1.0+0.1
> for EL7 and uploaded the resulting rpms to
> https://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/nut-2.7.5-0.nut_fightwarn/
> These packages are built against stock libusb i.e. compatible with
> libusb-0.1. Minimal testing shows them as functional but as always, YMMV.
> I had to disable support for i2c, it triggered some build errors and I
> am in no mood to debug them.
>
> As a sidenote, upsc reports 2.7.4.1 not 2.7.5 so probably I should
> rename the packages as well:
> [wolfy at wolfy epel-7-x86_64]$ which upsc
> /usr/bin/upsc
> [wolfy at wolfy epel-7-x86_64]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/upsc
> nut-client-2.7.5-0.nut_fightwarn_libusb.wolfy.x86_64
> [wolfy at wolfy epel-7-x86_64]$ upsc -V
> Network UPS Tools upscmd 2.7.4.1
>

> I'll try to build another set of packages against libusbx aka EL7's
> libusb-1.0

The packages built against libusb-1.0 are available at
https://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/nut-2.7.5-0.nut_fightwarn_libusbx/

For now I've left in place ( at https://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/nut ) the
old versions of nut I built 4-5 years ago but, if memory serves, those
were built for EL6 which has an year since it is no longer supported.
Therefore I recommend against using them and I will probably remove them
after New Year's day.

wolfy