[Nut-upsdev] Encoding when communicating with a NUT server?

Glen Bakeman gbakeman at live.com
Thu Jan 21 02:05:27 GMT 2021

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if this is an obvious question - I haven't dealt
with string encoding much when programming before.

I'm working on a library in .Net to communicate with NUT servers as a
client. I'm at the point of setting up a socket to send and receive
information from a NUT server, but I've realized that I don't actually
know what encoding I should use when sending the raw bytes. ASCII?
UTF-8? Something else? I want to assume that it's UTF-8, but just in
case there's some sort of edge-case, I'd like to know for sure.

Thank you,

Glen