[Nut-upsdev] Looking for examples of var TYPE descriptions

Glen Bakeman gbakeman at live.com
Thu Sep 2 23:13:26 BST 2021

Thank you for the info, Roger. I was going off of the developer guide
<https://networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s09.html>
at nut.org which seems pretty close to the one you linked to, at least
for the section I'm in right now. I don't think I quite have the answer
I'm looking for.

To give a little more background, I'm working on a program that, among
other things, will parse the variable type(s) that are passed to it from
a NUT server. I'd like to understand just how exotic/complicated a
variable type can get. If that means ENUMs are just enum and nothing
else, great - although from my understanding in the master branch of the
nut-ups code, it seems possible that variables can mix and match when
the server responds to such a query. I'm hoping someone can maybe
provide a few examples of what the most complex variables look like,
since I don't seem to have those on my end.

Glen