[Nut-upsdev] NUT I-D: Shims considered undesirable?

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Jan 3 13:28:11 GMT 2022

Section 6.4.1 of the I-D  discusses the use of shims to provide TLS support in
situations in which the Attachment and Management Daemons are unable to support
TLS natively.  This section was written in order to show how NUT 2.7.4 could be
used when such encryption was required.

I have received two comments:

1. The commenter explained that such a shim provided exactly what was needed for
encryption in an installation he had to support.

2. The commenter asked me to drop the shim and replace it with stunnel.

On the balance I propose to keep the section 6.4.1 Shims.  The following section
6.4.2 mentions stunnel.

Roger