[Nut-upsdev] Can we just import apcupsd code?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:13:57 GMT 2023

UPDATE: As commented in
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/139#issuecomment-1369527363
I've stashed a one-off copy of their history at
https://github.com/networkupstools/apcupsd using GitHub importer for SVN
sources to grab the current state of https://svn.code.sf.net/p/apcupsd/svn
just in case (so it does not evaporate as abandonware).

Further browsing revealed that:

* Last release was 3.14.14 (2016-05-31)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/apcupsd/files/apcupsd%20-%20Stable/3.14.14/
with a couple more commits tracked at
https://sourceforge.net/p/apcupsd/svn/HEAD/tree/branches/Branch-3_14/ (up
till 2017-05-06)
* Last announced release was 3.14.13 (2015-02-03) per
https://sourceforge.net/p/apcupsd/mailman/apcupsd-announce/
* The mailing list community is quite active however, archive maintained at
https://sourceforge.net/p/apcupsd/mailman/apcupsd-users/

More and more I'm thinking this is less of a poaching and more of a rescue
mission...
Would anyone please get your hacker hats on and mercifully save that
protocol-support code in a maintained project? :)

Jim