[Nut-upsdev] issue tracker policy?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Jan 9 16:21:31 GMT 2023

I maintain unison, which had a vast number of issues, and have whittled
it down to <100.  Some are fixed, and some have been closed as:

  * requests for support or questions, and not bug reports (by unison
    doctrine, should be via user mailinglist instead)
  * complaints about packages that aren't right, without articulating a
    bug in our source code
  * old, and not revalidated on the most recent release.  unison asks
    people to update and retest and sets a 30-day timer to maybe close
    if not.  ("I can't because my distribution has X" is not accepted as
    a good reason, because it isn't true, and it's a choice.)

nut has 536 issues, which is really hard to look at, and many of them
are about old versions and/or questions.  I bet a lot could be closed
with the above policy, which I suggestn adopting.

Greg