[Nut-upsdev] Free and well documented NUT driver protocol

Łukasz Przeniosło lukasz at przenioslo.com
Mon Mar 20 12:10:58 GMT 2023

Hello there,
I am coming to this mailing list as suggested in the Github repo issues
panel:
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/1873#issuecomment-1475408950

I would like to create a new UPS device that communicate with the outer
world over USB. The USB protocol can be either CDC serial or HID. I am
looking for an existing protocol that can be legally used by me, so I
don't need to come up with a new protocol + ask anyone to add any new
code to the NUT project. It should also be well documented, since I need
to reimplement it in my device.

What would be the best approach here? I would appreciate all help and
feedback!

--
Łukasz Przeniosło

Przenioslo Electronics & Software