[Nut-upsdev] Documentation inside git

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Jun 2 18:17:56 BST 2024

Roger Price <roger at rogerprice.org> writes:

> Hello Jim, I would like to be able to refer to the configuration
> examples without having to point to my own site.  But the link at
> https://networkupstools.org/documentation.html points to a github.com
> site which offers the documentation as a download rather than an
> immediate screen display. I do not understand git, and I would be much
> more comfortable pointing to an HTML display directly from
> networkupstools.org.

Broadly, git is intended to be storage for sources, but can store
binaries, and web tools for git (github, forgejo, etc.) are aimed at use
of git for source control.

I think nut the project does have a web server and we would need some
way to have a build done from the example sources and the resulting bits
put on the web server.

There is some kind of 'github pages' intended for this sort of thing
with projects, and I think it works by having a branch for a repo with
the built html.  I am not at all sure that's what you are looking for
  https://docs.github.com/en/pages

Jim may indeed be able to configure what you want.