[Nut-upsdev] Documentation inside git

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Jun 3 01:21:30 BST 2024

Roger Price <roger at rogerprice.org> writes:

> On Sun, 2 Jun 2024, Jim Klimov wrote:
>
>> Trying to remember the context: is your book only rendered as a PDF
>> (a "release" of which on GitHub the NUT site currently points to),
>> or are there also HTML renditions to point to this way (to see in a
>> typical browser)?
>
> Sorry, I did not express myself clearly.  The book is in PDF, but PDF
> can be displayed as if it were HTML by browsers such as Firefox and
> Opera.  These browsers and maybe others are capable of treating PDF
> just like it was HTML and providing an immediate display.

Not really, but they will run a js program to render pdf.  Which means
the user sees it, similar to html, so I see your point.

> I would like to have an immediate display of the book from the NUT
> website rather than from my own.  I think it's better to point
> visitors to our official site rather than a personal site.  Also, NUT
> will around a lot longer than me and my site, and maybe the book would
> still be usefull.

I think it still needs a CI rule to build the pdf and put it on github
pages, or some other way to get it on whatever networkupstools.org is,
and for that I think we'll need to wait for Jim.