[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite SMART1500XL

Paul C. Diem PCDiem at FoxValley.net
Fri Aug 5 18:41:41 UTC 2005

I've having no success trying to use the tripplite driver to communicate
with a Tripp-Lite SMART1500XL via the serial port. I'm using the cable that
was included with the UPS. The tripplite driver simply returns "Failed -
giving up..." after 20 seconds. I have verified that the tripplite driver is
sending ":W" out the serial port. I am able to use Tripp-Lite's software to
monitor/control the UPS.

Does anyone have experience with using nut with a Tripp-Lite SMART1500XL or
similar problems with other Tripp-Lite smart UPS's?

Paul C. Diem
PCDiem at FoxValley.net