[Nut-upsuser] Upsmon problem

Mathieu Bruneau mathieu.bruneau at argontechnologies.ca
Mon Dec 19 03:57:04 UTC 2005

Hi,
	I feel that i'm having a small problem with my upsmon configuration
(maybe even simply a permissions problem) since I upgrade today to 2.0.2

I have apcsmart set up and talk to my ups no problem (upsc get answer).
I have upsd running no problem!

But when I try to start upsmon, it's unable to talk to my upsd. Having
try a few option I found that saying RUN_AS_USER=root makes my upsmon
runs without any problem.

Here is the message I receive from the Debug:

rounoff:/var/run/nut# upsmon -D
Network UPS Tools upsmon 2.0.2
UPS: bup at localhost (master) (power value 1)
Using power down flag file /etc/killpower

Trying to connect to UPS [bup at localhost]
UPS [bup at localhost]: connect failed: No such host
do_notify: ntype 0x0005 (COMMBAD)
Communications with UPS bup at localhost lost

I found that if I put the -p it work but i'm not sure of what that's
implying.

Any clues of how to fix that problem ? Where to look?

Thanks in advance
--
Mathieu Bruneau
aka ROunofF