[Nut-upsuser] Re: MGE Protection Center and Suse

arnaud.quette@mgeups.com arnaud.quette@mgeups.com
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:32:13 +0200

> > ok, this validate that it's a problem with the hotplug libhidups rules.
> > thanks to send back the output of "ls -l /etc/hotplug/usb/"
> > to check what is wrong. You can also try to unplug / replug the
> > USB cord to see if libhidups is called (SuSE hotplug seems not
> > to log that, but you'll will see the change with "ls")
>
> backup:~ # ls -l /etc/hotplug/usb/
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root   910 May 26 14:09 libhid.usermap
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root   481 May 26 14:09 libhidups

ok, the rights are fine (mainly, libhidups need to be executable)

> can it be that Suse create the libhid* after a reboot? Because I delete
> the files yesterday.
> If thats right how can I disable this funktion.

I'm not sure to follow you. libhid* files are installed
by the nut packages... To me, it seems that the
SuSE hotplug doesn't reload the new rules. But
I don't know why yet.
Or did I get you wrong about the above?

Does newhidups works now?

Arnaud