[Nut-upsuser] Re: Powerware 5119 = Exide NETUPS SE = Deltec name was PowerRite Pro II

Karl Schmidt karl@xtronics.com
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 00:58:03 -0500

Found one more bit of information:

Fiskars is a Finnish holding company that used to own Deltec Power Systems. In
March of 1996 Deltec Power Systems was aquired by Exide Electronics Group.
Powerware Corporation later replaced the name Exide Electronics in April 1999.

Thus the Foslars owned Deltec had the PowerRite Pro II series. They became Exide
and the product name changed to NetUPS SE (I suppose the SE is second edition
AKA II). And then Exide became Powerware and the series name became the 5119.

I think these are all the same unit - the cases are a clone - there is a
difference in the manufacture name reported, but everything works exactly as
the User's guide I got from the powerware site. I have it working with the
upscode2 setup - the only thing missing is that the 2400VA size has three zones
- I have one of these that seems to have a zone that may be turned off in
software?? There should be a way to set the delay to off for the zones and I see
there is a way to set the delay on - I suppose so servers come up in the right
order?

I tried the lansafe 3 software and it may have had a bug in that set up - but
that value seems to be stored in the UPS itself as it communicates with the UPS
as the menu item appears.

There is a way to wire into the serial port trafic and watch the conversation
with a second computer port - there should also be a way to do the same in
software??

Is there a published document for the ups code II standard?

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

The lawyer was about two bubbles off plumb.